Friday, September 08, 2006

communication from elsewhere

Since I feel like my shoes were switched today, I wanted to comment on the communication with the studio while being away. Since I was not in Clemson this afternoon, I logged in to Skype to be a part of the class chatroom and to be able to interact with the class discussion. I was very sucessful in being able to hear the discussion, people's comments, and be able to communicate via chat when clarification was needed. It is extremely easy to just call in and view what's going on and be able to offer comments and critiques. I had no problem hearing my classmates and only slight difficulties hearing the group. At times the talk seemed rather distant, but once video was used it seemed much more interactive, like I was a part of the class to offer my opinion and understanding in what direction the design was headed. I think overall the communication is going very well. I would agree with several comments today that it has been challenging to work in a group this past week. Its always challenging with multiple strong minds and good ideas are thrown into one mix.

1 comment:

rael said...

i was amazed that you participated in this way. while i am happy to know that the studio dynamic continues to evolve, i am curious to know the possibilities of your own geographic freedom.