Thursday, August 24, 2006

Here goes

Back at Clemson now and it looks to be a year of many decisions. It’s finally time to determine what I want to take from my six semesters of studio and time in Europe and what is the next step. I am looking forward to having the chance to define my personal style. I have been exposed to many different perspectives and types of design and want to utilize what I have taken from those experiences. In previous studios, I was not allowing myself the freedom of design, the freedom to explore creativity apart from others’ expectations.

This semester I want to embrace that freedom and my personal interests in sustainability and functionality. The concept of the Mega consumes our lives; between communication, design teams, networking, the internet, and the demand for often larger yet more efficient structures, society is becoming more connected. I am looking forward to exploring how the required infrastructure can become an integral part of the design with the goal to produce efficient and functional Mega structures.

No comments: