Wednesday, August 30, 2006

wednesday thoughts

I might just be speaking for myself but I feel like I'm still learning how to best communicate and clarify my ideas. The video can be a little intimidating and the chat a little hard to follow but both will improve with time. The chat can be an effective way to talk with the class but tough to maintain conversation over several hours. The video chat feels just like a personal desk crit- maybe if we could just figure out how to enable that to take place in the studio.

As far as the studio project itself, I have really become interested in the Japanese Metabolism after selecting the Ocean City. The ideas are closely related to several projects that I have always admired and am interested in possible connections. I think the idea of Modularism and the temporary, which is something that we explored a lot in the Barcelona studio, is interesting in relation to the megastructure. As evident in my MegaBlog entry, the case study left me with a lot of questions. I am finding it more motivating to further explore individual ideas of interest with the additional freedom this year.

No comments: