Monday, October 09, 2006

studio comments

Form Z itself taught me the most about the direction of my project: too much information, too confusing, and just an overall need to simplify and clarify. I spent much of studio today talking with other about their projects and taking note of what was working and what was not. The more successful mappings had a hierarchy of information in terms of what was shown and made it clear. The straightforward approach resulted in less overall action in the animation but more flexibility with the actions. My next step is to filter through the highlights of these maps, interpret what's important to my study, and possibility incorporate some other transportation statistics or even information from a recent case study on global erosion. I think a more specific approach would help whereas a general approach is just too much. This process will allow me to concentrate on presenting a smaller amount of information in a more effective way.

Breeze is wonderful to be able to look at someone else's screen but seems more difficult in terms of vocal communication. Its an adjustment to only talk one at a time and I think makes it much more difficult to for the distant party to be a part of the group discussion.

No comments: