Wednesday, October 11, 2006

today's screenshots

After studio crits on Monday and reading comments to my blog, I am concentrated on clarifying my data, seeking a consistent and legible system, and incorporating my own interpretation. I agreed with Nate's suggestion to use the order of animation to show the cause and effect relationship. In addition, I have been working on a consistent means of representation...whether it be to extrude all of the data or to incorporate some data directly into the landscape and then extrude other data. Below are the images generated from these trials.


First generated image attempting new topographic mesh to then incorporate extruded emission data; little success early on manipulating the mesh

Combination of emission data and air temperature in next four images using extrusion for both sets of data: air temperature data was extruded in circular forms while emission data appears in a translucent orange

New Scheme where air temperature data is used to generate new topographic landscape

Extrusion incorporating new topography



This afternoon I was able to figure out how to manipulate the mesh to incorporate my previous data. I think this would be the most effective way of representing this data. I am looking forwards to the results of the mapping and see tremendous potential for construction of this landscape. By creating a layered type of datascape, I am creating a new terrain that can in turn be printed on the 3D printer and lazercut....let's see where else this map can go....

No comments: